– Mmm Paleo-
1. 14oz Fillet Mignon $11 Dollars at Vons
2. Bundle of asparagus $3.99 at Vons
3. Pack of Button Mushrooms $2.49 at Vons
It’s super easy and really good dinner for 2.
Seared Fillet Mignon with a red wine mushroom reduction and a side of asparagus
– First, lather your meat with olive oil then season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
– Now, pan sear your meat in a hot pan wit ha little olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side depending on what temp you like. Then, throw it in the oven on 200° to keep warm. Don’t worry if it is squishy it will continute to cook.
– Then throw into the same pan you cooked the meat, 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic and 1 minced shallot. Cook for about 1 minute (using the pan you cooked the meat in will help enhance the flavor of your reduction).
– Add in half the package of sliced mushrooms and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
-After the mushrooms have cooked down, add in 1-2 cups of cheap red wine and let reduce until the wine is almost gone.
-Turn down the heat to a low, low flame add a tablespoon of butter to finish your sauce, make sure you stir it in quickly.
-Add salt to taste, then pull your meat out of the oven and pour your red wine mushroom reduction over meat… and… Enjoy !! 🙂
– Oh! And an easy way for asparagus is to put it into a Tupperware, add water and cook for three minutes, when its done shake water off and squeeze 1/2 lemon over it and add salt and pepper to taste.
30 Clean and Jerk #135 #95